- Category: Rules for participation
- Hits: 1383
Application deadline: February 10, 2020
The international pastel artists contest "PASTELium" is open to artists from any country in the world. All participants in the competition have equal rights and are evaluated by jury members according to the same criteria. The contests is held in several countries around the world. The next contest and exhibition "PASTELium" will be held in St. Petersburg.
Dates of the contest in St. Petersburg: March 2-8, 2019.
Registration for the contest: until February 10, 2020.
Exhibition address: Exhibition Hall of the St. Petersburg Union of Artists (St. Petersburg, Bolshaya Morskaya street, 38).
The sequence of registration for the contest:
The competition is held in two stages - semi-final and final. All competitive applications sent to the organizing committee within the specified terms are credited to the semi-final. Exception: works that violate social norms, insulting the feelings of believers or politically engaged are not allowed for the contest.
Stage 1 (semi-final):
1) application form (download in format Word, PDF);
2) labels for each competition entry (download in format Word, PDF);
3) photo of the author (at least 3x4 cm in size);
4) photographs of competitive works (not less than 200 dpi, not more than 20 Mb);
5) copy or screenshot of payment of the registration fee; See the cost of participation in the section:
б) the second notice from the administrator, indicating the "Participant number" assigned by the organizing committee (the number is placed on a label that the Organizing Committee sends to the author). The number of labels corresponds to the number of submitted works.
Jury / Expert Council:
In the period from February 11 to February 16, 2020, the jury will evaluate the submitted works. The Expert Council / Jury consists of leading pastel artists from Europe, Asia, North and South America, Middle East and Australia. The list of members of the jury of the contest in St. Petersburg will be posted in the section "Jury of the contest in St. Petersburg."
Stage 2 (final):
Requirements for paintings:
- All works must have a standard design - mat, frame and protection of the work (glass or plastic). The use of museum glass is encouraged. Use of plastic instead of glass is allowed.
- Frames should be neutral in color and shape..
- Passepartout for paintings is allowed in shades of white, gray or black.
- The picture submitted to the exhibition must correspond to the digital image uploaded at the time of application. Otherwise, the organizer may refuse to accept the work.
40х50 cm aluminium - 26 euros
50х60 cm wood - 29 euros
50х60 cm aluminium - 32 euros
60х80 cm wood - 37 euros
60х80 cm aluminium - 40 euros
Transportation and delivery of works to the exhibition:
- transportation from Moscow 8 euros / canvas / for each direction "Moscow - St. Petersburg" or "St. Petersburg - Moscow",
- transportation from Minsk: 11 euros / canvas for each direction "Minsk - St. Petersburg" or "St. Petersburg - Minsk"
1) Acceptance of works in Moscow: until February 26, 2020, at the address: 8/2 Krymsky Val street, Moscow, "Union of Artists" Office, 1st floor (metro station Oktyabrskaya).
3) Acceptance of work in Minsk: until February 23, 2020, at the address: Minsk, Storozhevskaya street, 8 (1st entrance), workshops (preliminary call +375 44 77 999 68, +375 17 230 51 33).
During the finalists' exhibition, numerous master classes and pastel lectures will be held. Contest participants (semi-finalists and finalists) have the opportunity to take part in the programs held at the competition by pre-registering.
The end of the exhibition and the issuance of works
At the end of the exhibition, the author or trustee receives paintings, according to the card/transfer act. Date of issue of art objects: March 8, 2020, after the end of the award ceremony (from 17.00 to 20.00).